BWA seeks female business, professional and community leaders who are in a position to contribute to the mission of the organization.
To be considered for membership, an applicant must:
- Serve in an executive, decision-making capacity in her business or organization
- Be sponsored by a current member in good standing
- Contribute to the community in a meaningful way, whether through a profession, volunteer service or public service (elected or appointed)
- Enjoy an excellent reputation in the community for integrity, leadership and competence
- Be aware of the challenges facing women today, in society, in the family and in the business community
- Be willing to use one’s experience, expertise and influence to improve the status of all women
- Be committed to support the goals and purposes of BWA
- Regularly attend BWA luncheon meetings held September through June on the second Monday of the month at Lenore's Table, 416 NE 1st St. Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 11:30 AM
- Pay annual dues by October 1 (Currently $300 or $325 with a $25 voluntary contribution for our scholarship fund)
- Recommend eligible women for membership
- Support BWA Scholarship program for women furthering their educational goals
- Abide by all policies of BWA and act in accordance with BWA standards
Before applying for membership, you will need to be nominated by an existing member. Once you've been nominated, please fill out our online form.